- Paper Shredders- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Paper- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Calculators- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Calendars & Planners- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Whiteboards - use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Pens- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Pencils & Pencil Sharpeners- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
Get down to business with office supply essentials
Supply your business right and keep things running smoothly. Having the right tools close at hand is a must no matter what type of business you run. With the right supplies and the right setup, your office will hum like a well-oiled machine. That's why we carry all the office supplies you need to get down to business, all at Every Day Low Prices.
Setting up for success
Just getting started? It's time to get organized and ready to thrive. In addition to choosing key office supplies, it helps to set up your office for maximum success. A few tips to keep in mind include the following:
- Choose a space that works: When you're looking for office space, consider the location, amenities and size to make sure you're picking a spot that works best for you and your employees, if you have them. After all, this is where you'll be spending the bulk of your days.
- Consider the layout: Even if you're flying solo, the way you lay things out can have a big impact on productivity. Make sure you include plenty of organizational equipment to keep your workspace from becoming cluttered. Clutter is the enemy of productivity.
- Equipment is essential: Comfortable furnishings, a secure network and an environment that fuels creativity and productivity can go a long way to supporting your ultimate success. This is true whether you're running a small company or working by yourself at home.
Just the basics
Equip your space for success. Regardless of the type of work you do, just about every business needs these basics:
- Office furniture, including desks, chairs and tables, is a must. Depending on the size of your office, you might opt for some comfortable chairs or a couch to outfit your break room. Consider a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker for at-work refreshments. Plenty of filing cabinets, shelving and storage keep everything in its rightful place.
- Desk supplies like pens, highlighters, notebooks, scissors, tape and a stapler are essential for most workers.
- Technology makes everything run more efficiently. Desktop computers are less expensive, but you might consider investing in laptops if you and your employees intend to take work home with you or work remotely. Printers and wireless routers are additional must-haves to keep everything connected and working at peak performance.
- Paper is essential, even if you run a mostly paperless business. You never know when you'll need to print out a contract, prepare a presentation or take notes on the fly. Make sure you have plenty of printer paper, notebooks and sticky notes stashed around the office.
- Organization supplies like folders and binder clips keep all your important paperwork together, minimizing the risk of losing essential documents.
- Mailing supplies like envelopes, stamps, sealing tape, letterhead and business cards allow you to launch mailed marketing campaigns in style.
Tips for shopping for office supplies
Where you shop is as important as what you're shopping for. Stick with trusted retailers who offer added convenience to help you stock up without sacrificing tons of time or money in the process. To make things easier, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Watch your budget, but prioritize quality. When you're setting up an office, it's a wise idea to plan everything out and create a master shopping list before you even start getting everything in order in your new space. It's equally important to make sure you choose quality items that actually have the features you need to get the most efficiency and longevity from your purchases.
- Choose trusted generics. Brand names aren't always any better than generic equivalents, which could pose significant savings on everything from paper to paperclips.
- Buy in bulk whenever possible to score sweet prices on the items you use most and ensure you don't run out of your essentials. Bundles of ink, boxes of paper and bulk snack supplies are wise buys. Just make sure you have the storage space to accommodate everything.
- Research all your options, especially when you're shopping for technology. Make sure you have a solid picture of what you need and then research the options that meet those needs, keeping in mind that your needs will change as your business grows.
- Keep track of your supplies. Understanding how many supplies you're using every month can help you establish an efficient strategy for reordering and keeping your supply closet stocked.